Wednesday, April 14, 2010

From FAB to SHAB...

 -old house-

As you know we sold our house... 

And so while we wait for our new home to be built we decided to downsize into a small rental. It wasn't until I stepped into the rental that I started to realize just how nice we had it at the old house. The old house was almost 1800 sq ft of spacious living, located on a very quiet cul-de-sac and the lot was around .60 of an acre, with a huge backyard. We bought the house as a fixer upper and in the short time we owned it we completely updated the whole house. Tile, carpet, trim, doors...you name it we ripped it out and updated it. It was a fun project, but yet so rewarding to take a step back and look at the before and after pictures. It was definitely hard to say good bye to it. Oh well, on to bigger and better things...well eventually.

-rental-

Like I said, we had to downsize until the new house is built. This is the rental in all of its glory, super small (maybe 600 sq ft) and not so nice (hello, it's a rental). The house is located on a super busy road and I think the lot is maybe a total of .10 of an acre (probably less, or atleast it feels that way). Thankfully it has a fenced it yard for Bruiser to run free in, and the cat...well, I'm just hoping she sticks around, she is hands down the BEST mouser I have ever had. So there ya go this is our living situation, which isn't horrible but I must admit, I'm way out of my comfort zone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment